Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have finished my first week of radiation (every weekday) and chemo (on Tuesdays and Fridays). Aside from feeling nauseous on Thursday afternoon and evening, I have actually felt fine. Everything seems to be moving like clockwork now: I have all my appointments set for the next 5 weeks, and my medical team is strong and supportive. I am in the process of setting up drivers for all my appointments. So many friends and family have made generous offers of help, and I am very grateful. I feel very loved. On Friday after chemo, Ben and I drove down to Tierra del Mar on the Oregon coast to join my sister Debbie and her husband Bill for the weekend. The air was so fresh and envigorating and the sound of the ocean both stimulating and calming. We had breakfast each day at our favorite bakery-restaurant, the Grateful Bread, in Pacific City. I was up for short strolls on the beach. The days of 7+ mile beach runs have long passed! I'm just glad that I feel good enough to walk for a 1/2 hour. I am eager for another week of treatment to shrink this cancer. We will be rewarded at the end of the week by a visit from David and Pia. They will join Billy, Zac, Ben, and me, for another weekend at Tierra del Mar. Hope to have some new entertaining photos up for your amusement soon. Take care.
Love, Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment