Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pia becoming a US citizen

The family at Bremer's farm

An old fashioned hay ride

As you can see in the photo, our family news is that Pia is now a citizen of the USA, as well as Sweden. Congratulations, Pia!

David and Pia came to Portland last Thursday for an extended weekend visit. Great to get to see them so often this fall. They will also return for Thanksgiving this year. Yeah! Being concerned that my digestive system may not be ready for a turkey dinner by then, and given that Billy will be in Sweden, we had an early Thanksgiving meal. Mom and Duane joined David, Pia, Zac, Billy, Ben and me for bbq turkey and some of the usual fixings, topped off by mom's apple pie. Yum! I am pleased to announce that I now have the appetite, and not the nausea, so that I can eat a decent meal again.

Usually, I go to the pumpkin patch with David and Pia in Boulder, and to Fir Point with Zac and Billy in Canby, so this year we all went to our Bremer cousins' farm for a hay ride to the pumpkin patch. Best pumpkins ever! Had to stop at Fir Point as well for the freshly made cinnamon donuts and the unlit hay bale maze.

No medical news, except that I feel great and am getting a lot of projects done before surgery, which will probably happen the last week of October. We'll know more after the CT scan on 10/19, and we'll share the info by the end of next week. In the meantime, I hope you all are well and enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment