Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Medical update: Ben and I met with the oncologist, Todd Crocenzi, today to hear the results of yesterday's CT scan. He said there didn't appear to be any substantial reduction of the tumor, but there also was no evidence of the cancer having metastisized. So it's a GO for surgery on 11/3. We have 2 more weeks to feel good, play, and get things done before I am laid up from surgery. I may not have mentioned earlier that this is a major surgery, expected to last 5-8 hours. I will be in the hospital at least a week, followed by 6-8 weeks of recovery. The medical team is all hopeful that I will have an easier time than most during the recovery as I have maintained good health and stamina. I am hoping to be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner with our three sons.

As Ben said in the last post, we now have a beautiful back yard. I am so thrilled, especially with the undulating stone wall and the new circle area on the west side of the yard. I hope we will have some more dry days when we can sit out there and enjoy it. Thank you Bennie!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pam and Ben,

    The yard is BEAUTIFUL! I do hope you have more beautiful fall days to enjoy your new tranquil and gorgeous yard. I hope I can have tea with you there one day soon. Love, Debbie

    PS: I just caught up on your Blog. The Redwood vacation photos are really spectacular. The one picture with you spread eagle to the Redwood is a great perspective of how truly giant they are.

    ReplyDelete