Monday, November 2, 2009

golden gingko leaves on Council Crest Drive


Ben and David by scarlet ivy covering a house off Council crest

Pam enjoying the croquet game (I won, again!)


late afternoon croquet, Pam and Billy



Zac on the winning kickball team
The past 2 weeks have been full with seeing friends and family, finishing home projects, making and freezing batches of soup, and getting ready for surgery and recovery the best I can. The photos capture some of our family activities of the last couple days. Zac's kickball team came in first in their division after an exciting final game Sunday. Billy found a couple hours between rotations to play croquet in our backyard. I came from behind to beat him and Ben. Sunday night, David flew in from Colorado. Today we slept in then hung out around home visiting. Billy dropped by between rotations again for a meal and another round of croquet. Our new lawn made for a nice course. Later David, Ben and I went for a late afternoon walk in the Council Crest neighborhood, enjoying the low sun and the fall colors. Tonight Zac will drop by after classes for a visit before we all go to bed. We will be up early tomorrow to be at the hospital by 6AM. Surgery is scheduled for 8AM. Mom will join Ben and David at the hospital, with Zac and Billy coming between classes and work. My sisters will come by also. With their love and vigilence and the love of my extended family and dear friends, I feel well supported. I can't say I am looking forward to the surgery, but I am grateful that surgery is an option, and I am hopeful that the skillful medical team and the resilience of my otherwise-healthy body will assure a successful surgery and strong recovery. Ben will keep you posted. Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers.





No comments:

Post a Comment