Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Medical Update: I began chemotherapy a week ago and was to continue today, but because my blood counts were low, treatment is postponed until next week. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I also haven't lost any more weight. Thank you for everyone's advice on how to gain weight and stop diarrhea. I doubt there is any advice I have not yet heard so please spare me any more advice. I am in communication with five medical doctors, a chiropractor, a naturopath, a dietician, and the nursing staffs of all the above. So with my friends I would rather enjoy other topics of conversation and play. I had fun last night dancing with my Wild Rose Garland team. We are planning our first performance for May Day, beginning before dawn in the rose gardens at Washington Park and continuing possibly into the evening.

Today was such a beautiful day, amid several gray days. After yoga, I went on a refreshing walk in the sun around Council Crest Park and neighborhood. Hopefully, we will have more such days this week. Last weekend, Ben and I drove to Gig Harbor, stopping first in Tacoma to see the Chihuly glass art installed in the federal court house in old Union Station. You can see in the photos below the scale and beauty of Chihuly's art. Gig Harbor is a picturesque and friendly town built in the 1800s  up steep hillsides above an inlet off Puget Sound. Ben delivered engines to a dealer who lives in the area for display at the Seattle Boat Show, which we will attend next week. Ben took the photo of me at Point Defiance.







Hope you all are finding some sunshine to warm up your winter days. All around us are signs of spring. The budding shrubs and bulbs inspire hope. I find this anticipation of spring quite pleasurable. I don't mind the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment