Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Medical update: The start of chemotherapy has been postponed again to next week, 1/20. I am a little anxious about this but trust the doctor's judgement on this. Hopefully I can get started soon, because I just purchased airline tickets for Ben and me to visit David and Pia in Boulder near the end of April. I am likely to be getting the infusions on Wednesday afternoons, at Providence eastside. If anyone is available and interested in helping me by being a driver to take me to an appointment (probably around noon) or take me home from an appointment (about 3 hours later), please email me: psenders@comcast.net. This was so helpful last fall and provided an opportunity for me to visit with friends and family.

Generally I feel good. I have added a tap dance class to my weekly schedule, and English Country Garland dancing practice begins again in one week. We had our Garland reunion potluck last night. Nearly all of our 9 dancers and 3 main musicians attended. With 3 un- or under-employed and 2 in some stage of cancer treatment, we were a bit sober, but ever so grateful to have each other's friendship and support. It will be fun to start dancing again.

In the next few weeks, Ben and I will spend time in Gig Harbor, Tacoma, and Seattle. Send me your suggestions for interesting restaurants, sights, and activities.

This month in yoga we are focusing on grace and being grateful. At this point in my life, I am deeply grateful for each of my family members and friends, most especially Ben. I am grateful to be able to breathe deeply, eat, walk, dance, and sing. I am grateful for the birds that visit our feeders and chirp, and often squabble, in the trees at dawn. Often after a yoga class, I walk uphill into Washington Park. Right now on a path between two tennis courts, you can find a kind of viburnum in bloom that smells like the promise of spring. May the signs of the coming spring bring you hope as they do me.

No comments:

Post a Comment