Monday, December 14, 2009

SOPHIE

Nothing much new to report here. As far as medical news, I continue to lose weight, now a whopping 103#, but I continue to have a big appetite and enough energy. Without the insulation on my body, or in our house walls, I have a hard time staying warm on these cold days. Wearing many layers of clothing helps, and I now have a new selection of long underwear, turtle necks, and fleece to choose from. I have been going to yoga for two weeks, and each time I can do a little more, stretch a little farther. It's good to be back among my friends in the yoga community. My walks have become a little longer, close to what I was doing before but not as fast-paced. Even on these cold days, it feels good to get the heart rate up and breathe the fresh air. My friend Leslie has provided me a new dog friend, Sophie, who joins us on most of our walks in the hills.
On that topic, Ben is becoming serious about getting a dog. We are considering one of a new litter of Norfolk (I think) terriers from Junction City. They will be ready to adopt in February, so we are thinking of an excursion there to learn more about this breed. If all works out, we could pick up our puppy in February on our way home from a visit to Billy who will be in Gold Beach doing a rural rotation. He will have room in his apartment there and has invited us to stay a week. We loved that area of southern Oregon coast when we were there in October and can't wait to return.
Last Thursday, Zac joined us to get our Christmas tree on a farm off Helvetia Road. We have been slow to get up the decorations, but it's on my list for today, along with making gingerbread men cookies. At 11:00 AM, I am still in my jammies, puttering around the house doing email and chores, and eating. Better get with it so I will be ready for a 1:00 walk with Leslie. I hope we will also go to the gift store and gallery at the School of Arts and Crafts.
These year seems particularly festive to me. I am enjoying the mood and looking forward to having all three sons and Pia here soon to celebrate Christmas.
Hope all is well with each of you reading this.
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment