Tuesday, December 1, 2009




I can't believe it is December, although the crisp cool air is convincing. Saturday night, Ben and I went on our first 'date' since surgery, downtown to see a movie. All the sidewalk trees were lit with white lights and the big Christmas tree was lit in Pioneer Square. It was quite festive.
My belly is gradually shrinking back to it's prior size, and thanks to the low-rider style of my pants, I can now where much of my regular clothing. My walks have become longer, up to 1/2 hour. One late afternoon, we walked with David, Pia, and Zac along the esplanade beside the Willamette River downtown, stopping for hot drinks at a little cafe. Yesterday Leslie and I did one of our usual shorter walks up to Council Crest Park and past my old house and back to her house. I am most pleased that I have been able to resume my yoga classes. Life is beginning to take on some familiar regularity.
Billy has phoned us from Sweden. Sounds like Patrik and the family have many fun activities planned: ski trip, dinner in a Castle, sporting events, tour of Stockholm. We hope to speak to him again soon to find out how his rotation in the hospital is going. It was to have started yesterday.
The photos above were taken on a walk on Council Crest when David visited prior to the surgery.
Take care,
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment