Friday, May 28, 2010

Today is Friday. We arrived in Manzanillo Tuesday, hung out on the beach in Santiago Wednesday, and stayed in the condo community of Vida del Mar and had massages on Thursday. Today we got an earlier start on the day so that we could get to the bakery while there were goodies left, and they were good. We did errands and a little light shopping (purses, fabric, candy, linens) then ended up at the beach club for lunch. After excellent curry chicken tacos and guacamole, we strolled a couple miles on the beach, enjoying a dish of coconut ice cream along the way. After sunning and a fruit smoothie, we returned to Vida, stopping for a selection of fresh fruit at the neighborhood market. I have taken a couple hours to catch up on email and write. Soon I will return for more food, dinner in. Tonight we plan to do yoga asana and meditation under the full moon on the patio terrace at la Recif.
This vacation has been heavenly, just what I needed. Yesterday we had the most remarkable massages in the open fresh air on Phyllis' condo deck overhanging the ocean. The wind was whipping through, adding a dimension to the massage and creating a stimulating multisensory experience I hope to be able to recapture in my imagination when I am back in Portland. Just to be sure, we are repeating the experience Sunday.
My love to all.
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment