Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Redwoods

Pam in Stout Grove

200 feet down in Oregon Caves Pam's cap


The view from our window



Ben between the trees




I saw the Redwoods for the first time in 1974, several lifetimes ago, I was young and impressionable: it had nothing to do with the mushrooms I had consumed earlier that morning for breakfast.

Today I ventured back into that same forest with Pam by my side, senses tingling, as wide eyed as that first trip.

If you have not seen them at all or like me, waiting until many years later to come see them again, the sound of the groves is a silence filled with sensations, pulsing with such primal life that they should not to be missed.

Anyway here are a few shots of the Redwoods, the Oregon Caves and the lighthouse just outside our room at Crescent City.





2 comments:

  1. The last time I visited the Redwoods of CA, I was 12 years old. Perhaps it's time to go back. Thanks for sharing; those are beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos...that tree is so immense I can't tell who is at the foot of it! I want to go now. Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience so much. I look forward to hearing more. Liz

    ReplyDelete