Tuesday, September 15, 2009






Sunday Ben and I drove to the Bremer farm and surprised Uncle Warren, Darlene, Randy , and Jeanie with a visit. We explored around the barn where I have memories of childhood visits. The truck in the picture could be the one my cousins talked me into driving at age 11 (?) while they were loading hay bales so we could get done with the chores and ride the horses to the creek for a swim. My driving lasted about 10 seconds as I had no clue how to even steer a vehicle let alone operate the clutch or brakes! It was great to see the family. Afterwards we drove to the Swan Island Dahlia Farm and checked off 27 varieties we are considering adding to the garden. Obviously we will need to pare the number down. What a feast for the eyes. The sunrise photo was my view this morning, Tuesday, from my front porch. Such a spiritual time, the dawn. Reminds me of my dad who loved to watch the sunrise too. Oh, the haircut is new, as of last night. Like it? Makes me feel girlish.

Medical update: Although my blood counts were still down, they had improved slightly and enough that I was able to get chemo today, after which I devoured a burger at Stanich's.

Take care all.
Love, Pamela

2 comments: