Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sand Island Anniversary Sail

Five years ago, Ben and I sailed downriver to Sand Island, across from St. Helen's, for our honeymoon. We had such a fine time, we have repeated the voyage each year, with the exception of last year, when I was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I am thinking the timing of this trip right after chemo was not a good idea. I plan to lie low the first few days after my future infusions.

Few people are at the island this year, unlike previous years, and it is rather cold. The blackberries are barely on the vines, let alone ripe for the picking, so no wild blackberry cobbler this year. Here are a few photos of our outing.

Ben and Jack Sunday morning

Walking the bridge to the island.


Sand Island is flat and grassy with groves of cottonwoods and blackberries.


Tug approaching up the Columbia.






Milagro

No comments:

Post a Comment