Monday, August 30, 2010

Looks like I missed a day of posting my gratitudes already. Oh well, I am grateful today for:
- Having found this beach house at Tierra del Mar where we have been vacationing for 22 years now.
- The intermittent sunshine and the sea (I guess that's 2).
- Feeling good today, able to enjoy a fabulous breakfast at Grateful Bread, even though they had just run out of their famous biscuits.

We arrived yesterday in time to make dinner. I think it must have been the rain that awoke Jack and me at 4:00 am. After a small meal, gnawing on a bully stick (Jack's treat), a chapter in Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and one in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and a few rows of knitting, I returned to sleep until about 10:00, Jack curled up next to me on the couch. We finished our bakery breakfast an hour ago and I've been at the internet cafe now emailing and installing software so I can begin some documents on my laptop back at the house, should it happen to start raining again. In the meantime, we will go down to the sand, maybe climb the dune at Cape Kiwanda. Zac is celebrating a birthday with his mom then will come join us. Unfortunately Billy will be busy with rotations at Dornbecker this week and can't join us. We'll have to 'surf' without you, Billy.

No comments:

Post a Comment