Monday, August 23, 2010

update

You could say, "No news is good news." I have felt pretty good, some ups and downs each day; more up than down. I've been very busy between home projects and being with friends and family. Some of this past week's highlights included visiting with cousin Claudia, sister-in-law Kellie, sister Kathy, and a small group of outrigger friends and their young children. That was a blast. We took them to the playground at OES, where my boys loved to play, even into middle school. Unfortunately, yoga hasn't figured into the schedule, which I am missing. Not being able to go to classes the next two weeks either, I want to discipline myself to do more in my home practice. I miss the support and motivation of my yoga teachers and community.

Today, my oldest son David finished his visit here with us. He had arrived Friday night from Boulder, CO. Pia stayed home at rest. She and baby are doing well, but she continues to be on bed rest. She has made it to the 30th week, which is an important marker. Just 9 more. It was so nice visiting with David. We stayed very low key, visiting late into the night and resting a bit during the day. It's always hard to say, "Good bye," but I look forward to seeing him and Pia and Baby in November. And I was anxious to have him back in his home with Pia.

Tomorrow, I am taking Amtrak north to Tacoma with my mother. I am very excited about this chance to have her to myself. We plan to go easy and see some art, Dale Chihuly especially.

Thursday, I will have another CT scan and blood test. Friday, I am scheduled for my third round of chemotherapy by infusion and will start the oral chemo again as well. I expect to lie low the following few days, except that Sunday we head for Tierra del Mar for 8 days. I think I'll plan our menu and grocery list on the train, because I may not be wanting to think about food for a few days after the infusion. Still, it will be good to smell the ocean and feel the sea breeze. Zac will come with us for a few days. Wednesday, my brother Mick will come down with sister Kathy and Tom, maybe Mother as well, through Friday or Saturday. Friday, sister Debbie will join us. Saturday we have a memorial dinner for my dear Uncle Jerry back in Portland. We plan to return to the beach early Sunday and stay through Monday afternoon. By then, I hope I will be up to all the travel and guests.

To those of you, most of you, I am not seeing, take care. See you again soon.
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment