Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pam's condition continued to worsen since her last post and into the weekend. I called the ambulance Sunday. She has been at St. Vincents CCU ward, where she recieved 4 units of blood, many litres of fluids, platelettes, Vitamin K. and other necessities, She was severely dehydrated , suffered kidney damage and intestinal bleeding. The staff and Doc's did a great job in stabilizing her to prevent anymore serious bleeding from her gut. Her Kidneys are working though damaged.

We came home today under a Hospice plan. The medical team has done all they can. She is set up in the living room and quite happy to be home. All our boys are here and we are making it as safe, comfortable and pain free as possible for her these last few days.
I apologize if I seem blunt, it is the only way I can continue to type these words.
Visitors are kept to family members, unless Pam indicates otherwise.
Please know that she loves you all. I will gladly pass on to her any words you may have. When I can find the time I will post updates.
Ben

3 comments:

  1. Ben - our prayers are with you all through this difficult time. I am so glad that she is back home in the beauty that you have worked so hard to create for her this past year.

    If she is awake please tell her I love her and am so sorry we didn't have our time together in CA - We will all miss her deeply. Her grace during the past year has been amazing to behold.

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben,

    I sent Pam an e-mail but I don't know if you are checking...please tell her that my gratitude is that she is surrounded by the love of all her boys right now. Please give her my love,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prays are with you and your family. I have always admired your strength, courage and grace. You will forever be in my heart.

    Love Diane

    ReplyDelete