Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturdays gratitudes:
- family again, this time my cousins Claudia and Lynette, their families, and Aunt Doris
- to see that even at 91#, I can still walk from the house to the water's edge and back, sometimes down the beach a ways as well
- textile art

Today Debbie and I visited the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center in Tillamook on our way home to Portland for my uncle's memorial dinner. I was even more delighted than I had thought I might be with the center. It offers classes in all forms of textile art and more: weaving, spinning wool. knitting, crochet, quilting, bead work, etc. The center artists and staff developed a quilt block trail through the Tillamook region, the first on the west coast. (Apparently there are several in the eastern states). The center houses permanent exhibits of various textiles, such as quilt tops made from the depression era flour sack fabrics. There are also many artisan items made by local textile artists for sale, which I supported well today. I think I will join the center and plan to attend some of the classes even though it is over an hour drive each way. Anyone interested in joining me, say, for Friday weaving classes? It would help if we knew of a house where we could spend Friday nights so the drive wouldn't be so taxing. I'll look into it.

Well, Ben is snoring and we are rising early tomorrow so I will sign off.
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment