Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Here's a recipe for a smoothie to help you gain weight. I hope it works for me. It sure tasted good, and made about 18 oz.


- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 mango
- 3/4 c mixed juices
- 1/2 bottle (3 oz?) Ensure
- 1/4 c coconut cream milk
- 2 T green powder (fruits and veggies)
- 4 T whey protein powder

Thought you might like to see the Callas girls: Debbie Hood, Becky Scleicher, Betty Hesketh, Kathy Callas, and me.

Today I didn't feel so good upon waking so I slept through yoga, which I hate to miss, as well as my good friends at yoga. But by 11:00 I was feeling better. I went to my 11:30 appointment, then to Elephant's to pick up a deli lunch and off to meet my SLP friend of 30 years, Debbie Haroun, at the Japanese Garden. Does anyone else find the gift stores in nice parks and museums as enticing as I do? I found exquisite sculptured napkin rings and a beautiful celludon (How do you spell it?) lotus bowl for inspiration in my meditation room. Yes, the garden was as peaceful and graceful as always. We sat in a quiet place and listened to the water feature, sharing our thoughts on life and death and our experiences with cancer and other life challenges and joys. Debbie's been my model for a long time now, ever since she was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer years ago. What a woman she is, with a passion for life that knows no limits, so it seems.



Tomorrow we are driving to Tierra del Mar to join sister Debbie and Bill for a couple days then move north to Cannon Beach for the weekend. I am so eager to go that my bags have been packed for two days.

I hope wherever each of you is, that you have enjoyed this gloriously fresh day.

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment