Thursday, July 15, 2010

We have a plan. I will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow morning at Providence Cancer Center. The treatment includes a two hour infusion once every three weeks and daily doses of an oral chemical. Dr. Crocenzi researched the clinical trials in process and determined that none were appropriate for me at this time. I am just as happy staying in Portland with family and friends and my garden embracing me.

Today Jack and I slept in a bit, waking to let in the man who installed the glass shower enclosure. This bathroom is taking shape and is a gem. In this photo you can see the pretty tile and meet my dear friend and contractor Wally who has been responsible for much of the work. Later this morning, sister Kathy came for a visit. We were joined by Leslie and Wally for lunch. In all, another good day. This evening, Ben and I puttered in the garden pulling weeds and adding plants. It has been a joy sharing this love of gardening with Ben. Here are a few more shots from the garden.




I was thrilled to learn from sister Debbie that my two nieces will be arriving in Portland from Tennessee soon, Kara in two days and Moriah later this month. It will be so good to have another chance to visit with them here and maybe a couple days at the beach. I have three wonderful sons I wouldn't trade for the world. Without daughters of my own, I am blessed with nine nieces, two step nieces, and three grand nieces, each a joy in their individual ways. I  hope I get to see each of them by the summer's end.




Yesterday, 16 of us yogis shared hugs and smiles. Carolyn arrived late bearing roses from her garden.


Meet the Callas women, sisters and mother, the day we celebrated Kathy and Tom's new home.

Lastly, the iris beds in the Japanese Garden at dusk:

No comments:

Post a Comment