Saturday, July 24, 2010

In yoga today, Sarah, our Kundilini instructor, talked about the benefits of an extended period of daily mediation, at least 40 days. It touched me and I decided to start today and commit my meditative energy to the health of Baby B, Pia, and David. 40 days would take us to the beginning of September, after which I will continue through the healthy birth of our precious baby. I am giving myself a small goal of 5 minutes a day to start so I won't fail off the bat! Now with my meditation room, and a community of yogini friends, I know I can do this. Of course it will be good for calming me and giving me courage and strength as well. Does anyone feel like joining me in this 40 day meditation, following your own path to move you from wherever you are at this point, with your own personal intent? I welcome anyone to join me in my home or garden as well, or the Japanese Garden, where I think I will go tomorrow. I am new to meditation and imagine much of the time I will be doing a quiet focused meditation sitting and breathing and perhaps incorporating a mantra suggested by my teachers. 



Love to all my dear dear friends and family.

Pamela

1 comment:

  1. Pam, What a great process. I will join you from afar. I recently had eye surgery and cannot drive (or do much else). But meditating, with the idea for me in mind of helping to create a more healing world, is completely do-able and calls to me.

    So, if you don't mind, I will be harmonizing your effort, starting in my garden today.

    Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete